"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Disney Blog number 2 - Fireworks

These are the best fireworks in the world. I admit I never thought fireworks could be so good. The first night we watched them from our hotel with the door closed. They were OK.
But the next night we were in front of the castle, and I'm a believer! Perfectly coordinated music, lighting, and fireworks. And Tinkerbell shoots down a high wire with a lighted costume.
I could watch these things over and over.
So I'm thinking, how much does a fireworks display cost? 30K? 100K? And how many people go to Disney each day? Does charging each person $1 more cover the cost of the fireworks?
The third night we made it back to Main Street Disney for the fireworks again.
Tonight my husband wouldn't let me go again. He insisted the kids needed sleep. So we watched from our balcony.
My favorite part is the Fantasia section. The castle is lighted blue with a moon and stars cast on it and the fireworks shoot up synchronized with each beat.
Who's seen a better display?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 1976 fireworks in NYC harbor for the bicentennial were incredible.

PJ Hoover said...

I'd love to see them! I remember some DC fireworks that were fantastic too, but I can't remember what they were for. Hmmm...