"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, May 11, 2007

Exercise for the Week - Writing Projects

I once heard somewhere that 80% of people asked said they wanted to write a book. As I've always been someone who thought she "could" write a book, I found this number reasonable. My husband thought the number was high.
Later, I heard the same statistic, but this time it had a clause. "People in a bookstore were asked the question..." Makes the number sounds way realistic, doesn't it?

So here's the exercise for this week.

Writers - List out five ideas you have for future writing projects. We all toy around with these ideas in our head, but get them on paper. If you can come up with more - great!

Non-writers - List out at least two ideas you have for writing projects (your autobiography cannot count as one).

OK, here we go ...

1)

4 comments:

HipWriterMama said...

Great exercise! Have a great Mother's Day!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks! You too :) We've got a birthday party at a bouncing wonderland that day. And you?

HipWriterMama said...

I thought I'd get the day off...turns out I'll be taking the kids to my sister-in-law's house and celebrate there. Sigh. Hubby has a few out of town clients who unexpectedly came into town.

Anonymous said...

good suggestion...as the BEST ONES are always the "duh. why arent I doing that already?!"

thanks.

Carla