"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, June 01, 2007

Back to Reality ...

... and just in time for a Meme. OK, two Memes. Thanks to Christine and HipWriterMama for the tags.
And if you haven't been tagged, consider yourself done. It looks like the Meme made the rounds pretty well.

I'll do one over here, and the other at my other blog.

The rules: You have to share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to say four things you want to try new in the next four years.

So here goes ...

In the past four years (from June, 2003 - present) I have:
1) Given birth to my second child. A darling little baby girl who is now a darling little almost-three-year-old girl. I managed to hit the two biggest Mexican holidays with my kids. My son was born on Cinco de Mayo, and my daughter was born in Diez y seis de Septiembre.

2) Wrote a trilogy and had it accepted for publication!

3) Learned to solve the Rubik's Cube(s) (3x3, 4x4, and 5x5). When it comes to impressive party tricks (and we're talking the thirty-something crowd here), this is pretty impressive.

4) Memorized Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. I thought about The Rime of the Ancient Mariner but decided I didn't want to invest the time and thought energy.

In the next four years (from present - June 2011) I will:
1) Write another book (or 2 or 3), obtain an agent, and have book(s) accepted for publication.

2) Begin taking Kung Fu

3) Be able to quit my day job and write full time

4) Learn to play Foozball (because I think this is an impressive party trick also)

1 comment:

HipWriterMama said...

Welcome back! This is quite the impressive list! You mean you don't have an agent now? And you wrote the whole trilogy before getting it accepted for publication? Quite impressive.