"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, June 08, 2007

Exercise for the Week - Go through you files

We all have them - those small little office/house clutter type tasks which remain undone. And I'm a firm believer that an uncluttered office makes for more productive writing time.

  • Going through your filing cabinet - clean out and file away
  • Organizing your receipts. I have a stack of writing receipts I still need to categorize and file away.
  • The Junk basket/drawer/whatever. You know what I'm talking about.
  • Sorting through your child's artwork. Should you save it all?


Here's your exercise for the weekend.
1) Pick one of these things. It doesn't have to be on the list above, and it should be accomplishable in a relatively short period of time.
2) Get it done.

I'm not sure if I'll tackle the junk basket in my hallway, or go through the scrapbook pictures, but whatever I pick, I'll get it done!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

HipWriterMama said...

Children's artwork. That's so tough since I love to save everything. Thank goodness for the scanner. Scan artwork and you can make pretty cards, magnets or whatnot. Any picture I absolutely love gets framed and hung up on the wall. Everything else finds its way into the recycle pile eventually.

Good luck!