"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, June 11, 2007

My Catalogue (and other things kids say)

My son was excited a few weeks ago when I showed him the picture of his creation on the computer. I told him it was my blog and that it was the photo or inspiration for the week.


He was terribly proud, and when I pulled out the creature parts yesterday for him and my daughter to play with, he went straight to work.



I give you Cheetah-Saurus. When my daughter threatened to destroy said genetically-engineered creature, my son ran from the room carrying it screaming, "No, that's for Mommy's catalogue."



Blog. Catalogue. I see the connection.



And because he then went to work on another creature, here is Headless-saurus.








Kids say the greatest things. My daughter is now at the age of "playing" with words. This is when I should write down every word she comes up with for future use in a book.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you definitely should.

I was regaled with PRAMA this past weekend and plan to use that promptly.

in my mind it's a book title as well.

(I was informed it's PROM DRAMA.)

Carla