"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A perfect night of book research

Hubby had a cub scout planning meeting, so the two kids and I planned our night.
First we made popcorn. The real kind with the swirling dome popper. Not the microwave (easy-but-not-as-good) variety.
Juice for the kids. Diet Coke for me.
Then we crowded onto one Lazy Boy chair along with the dog, popcorn bowls in lap, juice cups within reach, and flipped on "The Mummy Returns."

My favorite part is watching the kids watch it.
My (6 year old) son says, "Oh, the scarab beetles eating that man! That's my favorite part."
My (2-1/2 year old) daughter pipes up ten seconds later. "I love the scarab beetles. That's my best part." (She wants to be just like her brother).

Other favorite quotes:
"Mommy, where's Imhotep. He's the monster." - My 2-1/2 year old daughter.
"Mommy, is Akhenaton in this one?" - My 6 year old son.

I told him that by knowing who Akhenaton is, he already knows more than most college graduates.

3 comments:

Jim D said...

What a great mummy you are!

PJ Hoover said...

Oh funny! I love this :)

Anonymous said...

I love this post.

and look forward to EXPERIENCING IT.

Carla