"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

So how did he make it up here anyway


Walking from my desk this morning at work to get some coffee, I came across this little guy. And when I say little, I really mean about 2 inches long.

And sometimes I'm such a girl. I ran fast, sure he'd decide to fly through the air and jump into my hair. But first I took the picture. (He looks small because I didn't want to get close.)

I get in early, and thankfully, so do a few guys also. This is one thing about being a girl. If there is a guy around, it's his responsibility to kill any bugs which may creep around.

After gawking at it's size, one guy took off his shoe and that was the end of Mr. Roach.


We then theorized how he got up to the fourth floor in the first place. The elevator? In someone's lunch bag?


The funny thing about Texas is that you don't have to live in the ghetto to have roaches in your house. They are everywhere, and since I've accepted this fact, I have my wonderful pest control guy come out regularly.

1 comment:

HipWriterMama said...

Um...what does a Texas roach look like anyway? Just so I know in case I ever visit Texas. Are there any other bugs that are two inches in Texas? A two inch bug is pretty big. Ugh!