"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, July 20, 2007

Do I have to stop reading blogs ...

...until I read the final Harry Potter? I mean, is everyone and their brother going to post spoilers on their blogs? Please, no!!!
OK, I know I don't stand a chance here. I'd planned to wait until I finished the first draft of my WIP before I read the book. But sadly, I believe I may need to change my plans.
I've having a hard time thinking I'll be able to make it even a day without seeing a headline, hearing a passing conversation by the coffee machine, glancing at a blog entry about how someone's predictions were accurate.
And so I'll buy the thing tomorrow. I have to admit - I can't wait to read it, even though I'd planned to.

So when are you going to read it?
(And don't comment at 6 in the morning Saturday and tell us how you bought it at midnight and just finished it. OK, you can comment, but no spoilers!)

5 comments:

Jim D said...

Okay.......
I promise.......
Just don't read comments from others on my blog's theory that Harry lives since I can't keep watch and read that Midnight copy at the same time.
Truth is, I'm going at Midnight with my (20 yr old) daughter who will wind up reading it first.

You going at Midnight Tricia??

PJ Hoover said...

No, not me. I'm trying to convince my husband to head over there and pick up my book. Odds are 50/50 I'd say. Otherwise it'll be tomorrow afternoon. But I'll say this - if my kids were older and into it, I'd absolutely be there! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

A friend of ours is halfway through the "photographed" version that was posted on the web early today. Personally, I'm tired of all the hype (although I just got back from the movie).
N

PJ Hoover said...

So that explains the babysitter :)

HipWriterMama said...

Hope you enjoy the book!