"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

New Habit to Form

Back in May, HipWriterMama hosted a one-month-to-form-a-habit. At the time, I picked drinking enough water each day, but put it off as we were heading to Disney (which would already be enough time in the bathroom with a potty-training toddler).
But now I have a new habit I will form. I've been talking about this for ages.
Meditation. For five or ten minutes a day.
I've been wanting to do this forever, and I'm going to start. By August, I will have a new habit formed.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else do any kind of daily meditation? Any suggestions? Techniques? I'm thinking it needs to be something I can incorporate during the middle of the work day in my cube farm. Possibly an escape to the bathroom or Mother's room?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started a few months ago

tiny steps to what I hope might be a FAMILY THING when E is older

for now I have a word/mantra that I focus on as I am no where near the place where I can clear my mind.

Carla

Shawn said...

You can easily do it anywhere, the main technique you can use is just count your breaths. One. Two. Three ... etc. Let thoughts rise to the top, and let them go. But always return to the counting. Namaste.