"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not yet

OK, so I haven't finished Harry Potter yet. In fact, I've only made it to page 100. Then my husband made me turn out the light, and my drooping eyelids didn't complain. And even as I read it, I'm trying to imagine how hard it's got to be to end the series at all. Not because of wanting to just keep pumping out the Harry books. But trying to wrap up every loose end. Trying to make fans happy (or at least satisfied).

So no spoilers yet.

On the WIP Revision 1. My first drafts are really just that. I've managed to get the story down on paper. The writing may suck. The characters may need some life breathed into them. But the bare bones are there. So, I figure a few good revisions, and then I'll send the first chapter off to the critique groups for review. I plan to re-read Fiction First Aid, and I also just got The First Five Pages. So watch out, group!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the genre of your WIP? N

PJ Hoover said...

Fantasy!