"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tooth Fairy ... Unmasked!

Thanksgiving day my 6-year-old lost one of his front teeth. Whoo Hoo! As we were traveling (Chicago/Indiana), we put it in a zip-loc and decided to bring it home with us for placement under the pillow. After all, we didn't want the tooth fairy to get confused.
After getting home Friday and unpacking, we placed the tooth in our tooth box and carefully placed it under his pillow. Then we relaxed for the evening.
Dinner come. My son asks a few questions about the tooth fairy. How does she decide how much to give? Where does she put the teeth?
Then he says, "Who is the Tooth Fairy?"
We ask, "Who do you think?"
He looks right at me. "I think Mom is the Tooth Fairy."
"Did someone tell you that?" we ask.
"No," he says. "I thought of it on my own."
So I 'fessed up. After all, the idea of a strange old woman sneaking into his bedroom at night can't be a comforting one anyway. But I swore to him he can't tell all the kids at school, and he can't tell his little sister when she starts to lose teeth.
Then he disappeared upstairs for a couple minutes and came back down.
"Mom, I think the tooth fairy visited you," he said.
I followed him back upstairs and he had me look under my pillow. He'd taken some treasured coins from his coin collection and put them under my pillow. He wanted to do something nice for me. I insisted I couldn't take the coins, so he gave me some of the jewelry his grandma gave him as pirate booty. I wore the earrings today!

Will Santa be next?

4 comments:

Barrie said...

What a smart boy! And, yet, Santa will be next. ;) At least, that's how it works in my house. :)

Shawn said...

Oh, no! The age of innocence is escaping!!

carla said...

man that's so sweet.
you are raising a fantastic son.

Anonymous said...

偵探 外遇
外遇 外遇
外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 外遇 外遇 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇
外遇
外遇
外遇 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇




劈腿劈腿網頁設計網頁設計
劈腿劈腿劈腿
劈腿劈腿劈腿喜帖網頁設計
囍帖卡片囍帖卡片囍帖卡片囍帖卡片囍帖卡片


劈腿劈腿 劈腿 外遇網頁設計
劈腿 外遇
劈腿 外遇 外遇 外遇剖析 外遇調查 外遇案例 外遇諮詢 偷情 第三者外遇話題 外遇發洩 感情挽回 徵信社 外遇心態 外遇 通姦 通姦罪 外遇徵信社徵信社外遇 外遇 抓姦徵信協會徵信公司 外遇 徵信 包二奶 跟蹤 監控 徵信 徵信社 徵信 徵信社 徵信社 徵信社 徵信社 徵信 徵信 婚姻 婚前徵信 前科 查址 個人資料 外遇 第三者 徵信社 偵探社 抓姦 偵探社 偵探社婚 偵探社 偵探社
偵探家事服務家事服務家電維修家事服務家事服務家事服務家事服務
家事服務持久持久持久持久持久持久持久離婚
網頁設計徵信社徵信社徵信徵信社外遇離婚協議書
劈腿持久持久
持久持久持久
劈腿剖析徵信徵信社
外遇外遇外遇外遇徵信社
徵信社網頁設計徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社
徵信徵信社徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信社徵信社徵信社
徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社
徵信社

BLOGO