"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fun Friday (a day late)

So it's Saturday. I can live with posting my fun for the week a day late. Maybe I was too caught up having fun to post?

Topping the week was the making of the Gingerbread House. I loved giving each of my kids a side to decorate and letting them at it. I loved watching my daughter each more candy than she put on the roof.

A second fun time this week came with the home viewing of National Treasure and the theater viewing of National Treasure 2 (at the Alamo Drafthouse and also free thanks to my friend who started SiliconAid). OK, who wouldn't want to be a treasure hunter after seeing these movies?

*Side note on National Treasure 2 - Part of this was filmed right out back of my parent's house. They live almost next door to Mount Vernon and were watching as they filmed the night scene there.

4 comments:

Barrie said...

My 12 y.o. is very impressed with your parents! He just saw National Treasure 2!

PJ Hoover said...

My son thinks it's so cool my parents live on land once owned by George Washington! Heck, I think it's so cool!

Barrie said...

I'm trying to think of a way to work "have more fun" into my NY resolutions. Problem is I can't come up a *measurable* goal. But, it's not the 31st yet..

PJ Hoover said...

Yep, fun is hard to measure. When you figure out a good way, be sure to let me know!