"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, December 02, 2007

You've gotta love the South

I tried not to do it. I got down the tree. Moved the Christmas bins into the living room for unpacking. Vacuumed the floor where the tree would go. But an hour after starting, I gave in and switched on the air conditioner.
There's just something that doesn't seem right about decorating for Christmas with the air conditioner on. I'm not saying I expect 30 degrees or anything. Just maybe a cool 65.
Regardless, the decorating commenced.

Random thoughts as we decorated for 2007:

When I design a new house or remodel the current one, I want a closet on the ground floor where I shove the Christmas tree each year when it's not Christmas. For 15 years now, I've been on my own (that is out of my parents' house). Owned my own tree. I've bought fresh. I've stored the fake in the attic. Under a bed. Hanging from the ceiling in the garage.
But nothing has been easy. Today I struggled on the step stool, letting the tree free fall from the shelf in the garage to the ground, knocking over old car seats and a bag of golf clubs. After unwrapping it, the tree had to be repaired (limbs which had fallen off due to compression), and then fluffed. Only then could lights be turned on.

But once the lights were on, and my Sound-and-Lights Star Trek and Star Wars ornaments began to take their proper places amid the limbs, and the lower half of the tree came to life thanks to the efforts of two under-four-feet kids, the struggle became worth it!

Happy Holiday Season!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

M brought home a lovely tree yesterday and he put on the lights. Last night, we snuck all of the Chanukah presents underneath. Today we will adorn the tree with ornaments. It finally feels like December, enjoy your holiday season!

Sara Latta said...

You can have my 25 degrees with wind chill factors in the single digits any day.

PJ Hoover said...

No deal on the wind chill!

Sara Latta said...

Ha! Just as I thought.

I put my wreath up in a brief window of relatively balmy weather to complete what I like to call my "subtle" (read: minimal) exterior Christmas display.

Barrie said...

But the burning question is: Are you having FUN?

Anonymous said...

I gave away the fake pine tree that was in the house in Florida. I bought a lime green, pre-lit, metallic one to replace it. Pink flamingo for the top. Goes great with the air conditioner. Anna

HipWriterMama said...

65 degrees sounds like heaven right about now. 22 degrees over here.

Christmas decorating starts in the next couple of days.

Anonymous said...

偵探 外遇
外遇 外遇
外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 外遇 外遇 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇
外遇
外遇
外遇 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇




劈腿劈腿網頁設計網頁設計
劈腿劈腿劈腿
劈腿劈腿劈腿喜帖網頁設計
囍帖卡片囍帖卡片囍帖卡片囍帖卡片囍帖卡片


劈腿劈腿 劈腿 外遇網頁設計
劈腿 外遇
劈腿 外遇 外遇 外遇剖析 外遇調查 外遇案例 外遇諮詢 偷情 第三者外遇話題 外遇發洩 感情挽回 徵信社 外遇心態 外遇 通姦 通姦罪 外遇徵信社徵信社外遇 外遇 抓姦徵信協會徵信公司 外遇 徵信 包二奶 跟蹤 監控 徵信 徵信社 徵信 徵信社 徵信社 徵信社 徵信社 徵信 徵信 婚姻 婚前徵信 前科 查址 個人資料 外遇 第三者 徵信社 偵探社 抓姦 偵探社 偵探社婚 偵探社 偵探社
偵探家事服務家事服務家電維修家事服務家事服務家事服務家事服務
家事服務持久持久持久持久持久持久持久離婚
網頁設計徵信社徵信社徵信徵信社外遇離婚協議書
劈腿持久持久
持久持久持久
劈腿剖析徵信徵信社
外遇外遇外遇外遇徵信社
徵信社網頁設計徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社
徵信徵信社徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信徵信徵信
徵信徵信社徵信社徵信社
徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社
徵信社

BLOGO