"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, January 14, 2008

Because no one likes a cold shower

Ok, so the chill woke me up at 4:00 this morning. Have you seen King of the Hill? Well, it's kind of like that. Here is Texas, we have propane and propane accessories. And sometime during the night, our propane tank ran out.
At times like this, having to fork over the $400 to fill the thing doesn't matter. All you want is heat and hot water - neither of which I had before leaving the house.

Still, I didn't let it stop me from the 5 am exercising. I washed my hair in the sink in cold water afterward and figured it didn't matter so much if I stunk at work. After all, I work with a bunch of engineers (no offense Jim :)).

1 comment:

Jason said...

I remember when that happened here. It wasn't propane, it was the power went out, but with all electrical stuff, we had no heat, no hot water, nada. We had to heat ourselves using the stove. It wasn't fun.