"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Finding Humor

I'm happy when life presents me with an opportunity to laugh. Take today. I was helping my son find some small plastic part of a toy in my car when I realize how dirty it is inside. OK, sure, with kids, goldfish and pretzels will find there way everywhere, but still, vacuuming every now and then is a good thing.
So I haul out the small hand vacuum and give my car the once over. Ten minutes later, I'm done. It's not perfect, but it looks presentable.

Fast forward an hour later. I head to daycare to pick up my daughter. Strap her in the car seat, and head home. Minutes later I hear her kick off her shoes, and hear the sand coming out of each one, right onto my nice clean carpets.

2 comments:

Working Mom said...

Funny, the same thing happened to us yesterday. My cleaning lady came (first time since before Christmas). Later, the neighbor came over to play with my daughter. After she left, there was a big pile of sand in our entryway where the neighbor had taken off her shoes.

HipWriterMama said...

Oh, man. This is the story of my life. I had the livingroom all cleaned up and vacuumed last night before the kids went to bed. By the time the kids went to school this morning, you would never know the livingroom had been orderly.