"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Monster Work Continues

So I've been working on my presentation for Friday. Remember - the monster talk in front of the scary 2nd and 3rd graders. Or was it the scary monster talk in front of the 2nd and 3rd graders. Either way.

I've got pictures printed from Scooby Doo galore and some mythology ones to go along with it. I have a game. And a word search.

Do you think I'm going overboard? Maybe, but it sure is fun. Now to make them think I'm fun. Or maybe scary?

10 comments:

Christine M said...

Good luck with it! I wish you were doing a presentation in my son's second grade class!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Chris! I wish I were too! My son asked if I'd practice for him. Ought to be interesting.

Sheri said...

I used to teach elementary and the rule of thumb, is you are better off over-planning then under-planning. If you don't get to everything, then perhaps you can come back another time. Better that is your outcome then that you flew through your stuff and were left twiddling your thumbs. Sounds like you have plenty planned. Now, just have fun!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sheri! Yep, I must remember to have fun. I think I'll write this on my hand in case I get nervous :)

devonellington said...

Good luck with it. I bet it goes very well!

HipWriterMama said...

Good luck with it! Sounds fun!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks! I'll definitely post the details.

Barrie said...

It all sounds very exciting! (Although i don't think you could be scary if you tried!)

PJ Hoover said...

Hmmm. Maybe funny? Some monsters are funny.

carla said...

hope it was fun!