"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Latest Artwork

I'm slowly going through and replacing the artwork in my house. OK, I haven't yet been able to force myself to take down the Picasso everyone and their brother owns, but it's such great art.

So here's my latest addition:


I think Michael Whelan is brilliant. If you think his work looks familiar, that may be because he's done covers for Tad Williams, Isaac Asimov, and Stephen King.

Here's the next one I want. I don't think it's available yet in print form, but I can keep hoping! So if any of you just happen to be best friends with Mr. Whelan, please check if he has an extra copy lying around.

Note: I tried to convince my kids this new print was actually a portrait of me levitating a ball above my head when I used to know telekinesis, but they didn't quite believe me.

4 comments:

Jim D said...

Smart kids!

Jim D

PJ Hoover said...

You don't think it's believable?

Jason said...

What?! They don't belive you? I'm completely convinced.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Jason! I'm glad my telekinetic powers aren't for naught. Maybe if I told the kids they had the same powers, they be more open to the possibility.