"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oh, WIP, I've missed you

Subtitle: In order to win the most diligent soon-to-be-published award ...

I finished my edits last night and emailed them off today. Truthfully, I was tempted to email them off last night, but I didn't want my editor to think I rushed them. Which I didn't. The first 50 pages had a good amount, but after that, there was a random removal of an "OK" here and there, but that's about it. (My editor tells me this is my "writing tick". OK, I don't know about you guys, but I totally don't see it.)

So now it's back to WIP (:)). Time to pull out The Complete Worst-Case Scenario, put my protagonist in some extreme situation, and then let him figure a way out.

6 comments:

Christine M said...

Sounds like your protaganist is in for a hairy time! Have fun!

PJ Hoover said...

Let's hope so! Conflict = good, right?

Jason said...

Oh, the most fun part of the book!

PJ Hoover said...

It IS the most fun part. I love the first draft! I love seeing all those pretty words on the computer.

HipWriterMama said...

Congrats on finishing the edits! Good luck with the WIP. Sounds like it's gonna be fun!

PJ Hoover said...

Fun so far. And now, for another night of writing ...