"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sushi, Shiner bock, Stories

So what do you get when you combine raw fish, a Shiner Bock and a Kirin Ichiban on draft, and two authors?

You get me and fellow 2k8er Stacy Nyikos having dinner at the Kona Grill here in Austin, TX. (Oops, sorry - I forgot to get a picture.)

Stacy's in town for a week of author visits. She was able to sneak away for an evening of dinner, so we headed to the posh new mall in Austin (The Domain - how Austin supports a Neiman Marcus, a Tiffany's, and a Louis Vuitton I still need to figure out. Actually, I think the city subsidized the new mall which may help explain). Regardless, the atmosphere was nice, and the food was great (we split Calamari and Sushi).

You can read more about Stacy's MG fantasy novel here. Dragon Wishes comes out this year also from Blooming Tree Press.

5 comments:

Barrie said...

I'm glad you two got to meet! How fun is that!!

PJ Hoover said...

It was great! 1 down and 26 more to go? Do you like Sushi?

Jason said...

Sounds like you had fun! Good.

PJ Hoover said...

Yep, Jason! Good point. I think this should count as my fun for the week :) Thanks for stopping by!

Catherine J Gardner / Phoenix Rendell said...

Thank you for visiting my blog, and good luck with the release of your novel.