"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, January 25, 2008

To Wii or not to Wii

We've decided to take the plunge. I've been having so much fun seeing pictures on a friend's blog of their family playing with the Wii, that, well, we're going for it.

We've been anti-computer games in the past. But here are my thoughts:
1) Fun family activity. We can compete against each other.
2) More active than watching a video of Scooby Doo.
3) I can bowl, play ping pong, and box, all while never leaving my family room.
4) The kids will think I'm a cool mom for buying one.
5) When friends come over for play dates, they will think I'm a cool mom.
6) I want to be a cool mom.

I have a friend who works at Nintendo. He can guarantee me one in a week. So after a quick price check (thanks, Mom), I'll put in my order.

12 comments:

Jen Bradbury said...

My sister and her family got one and we loved playing it this Christmas. My five year old nephew killed me at bowling, but I made him cry in dodgeball.

Just kidding.

Jen

PJ Hoover said...

Yeah, I'm thinking I could take on my kids at boxing.
Fun. Dodgeball. I'll have to add it to the list!

Working Mom said...

We Wiid for Christmas. It's so funny watching the kids play it. Did you know that you can rent the games? We rented some last weekend. The Hannah Montana game was cute for my daughter, we may have to buy it.

PJ Hoover said...

I think everyone is going it.

And you are a cool mom!

Jim D said...

Bowling is my favorite. (23 yr old son bought the game last fall)

I do have to say, however, that GUITAR HERO can cause headaches.

Can you picture me as a rock star Tricia???

Working Mom said...

I'm trying to resist buying Guitar Hero. I might get addicted to that. I played it at a friend's house over Xmas and it was pretty cool! Of course, I got booed off the stage.

Yes, I am a cool Mom!

Working Mom said...

By the way, you are a cool mom too, with or without a Wii!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks! But now I think I have to add to my list of reasons that I want to be a rock star!

And, Jim, a little Photoshop work and I will be able to picture you as a rock star!

Erin said...

You will love it. I am not a video game person, but the Wii is a blast.

Barrie said...

Wii or no Wii, I'm sure you're a cool mom! You're certainly a cool classmate!

Sheri said...

My daughter has been trying to buy one since about the end of November. They have been impossible to find. I've heard they will be in stores again in February, but she is about to loose all hope.

PJ Hoover said...

Ok, I put my order in. Wii, here we come!

And thanks for stopping by, everyone!