"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, January 14, 2008

We interrupt this previously scheduled program...

... to do a few minor revisions on The Emerald Tablet. Gave my editor a revision last week. Met with her today. I'm hoping three days tops away from the WIP (which I'm up to 5000 words on BTW).

One of the many nice things about living in the same town as my editor is I can actually meet with her in person. She can hand me my 300 pages and point out the edits (which thankfully are not many). We can chat about book launch parties, historical reenactment costume making, and copy edits all within the span of two hours. And then we can plan to meet again next week.

6 comments:

Jason said...

That's really cool. I can imagine that would make things easier.

Christine M said...

Yay you! Final edits! Plans for publicity! All good - all fun! And 5000 words on your WIP. Go You!

Jim D said...

Okay Trica....you leave me no choice but to ask......had the propane tank been filled in time for your meeting??? (To my knowledge, your editor IS NOT an engineer.) :-)

Jim D

PJ Hoover said...

Jim, no, I stunk at the meeting. But at least I explained that and my static-cling hair. She said she couldn't smell me, but I think she may have just been being nice. I could smell me big time!

Jason, yep, it does make things easier and nicer. More of a personal feel.

And, yes, Chris, I'm psyched for final edits. And also SOOOO glad I had the chance to do some. You know how it is when you haven't read something in almost a year and you read it and shudder ... (OK, at least I did :))

HipWriterMama said...

Wahoo!

PJ Hoover said...

I'd heard your Wahoo here in Texas, Vivian!