"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, February 18, 2008

ARCs coming soon!

Random Note: My daughter spit in the soup on Friday at daycare. And not just in her own bowl. In the large bowl in the center of the table. She said she didn't like it.

I just saw the ARC layout for The Emerald Tablet. It looks so pretty. The title is on half the pages, random characters out of the Lemurian Alphabet grace the chapter pages, and my name even appears on every other page. Yeah, that's right. My name. Um, cool.

OK, so every excited kid is a good one, so when the eleven-year-old down the street and her dad stopped by the other day and I asked, "So are you going to buy my book when it comes out?" she beamed and answered, "Definitely!" And then my son yells "I'm going to buy it too!"

So that's two sales (one of which I'll be funding). Maybe it's small, but it's a start. Can you say second print run?

13 comments:

Jim D said...

Make it three!

Jim D

Christine M said...

How cool to see it all coming together! And I'll definitely be buying one!

Jill Douglass said...

So, when can we wiki your book with the Lemuria entries?

Barrie said...

I'll buy one too!

Can't wait to see it!

PJ Hoover said...

You guys are awesome!

And Jill, great idea about the Wiki thing. I'm thinking Lemuria, The Emerald Tablet. Thanks for suggesting it!

Erin said...

How exciting!

(and I laughed about your daughter and the soup)

PJ Hoover said...

I tried not to laugh when the teacher told me, Erin. I must act the serious parent, but I am glad my little girl has spunk.

Jim D said...

Note to self: If Tricia and family visit Chicago and stop to visit, don't serve soup.

PJ Hoover said...

Echo that, Jim. And never serve "family style".

Rebecca said...

Oh, I'm going to buy it too! I can't wait.

Very funny about the soup, by the way. I would have had a hard time keeping a straight face!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Rebecca!
Today when I picked up my daughter from daycare, they made a point of telling me what a good girl she'd been all day.

HipWriterMama said...

Congratulations!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Vivian!