"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, February 29, 2008

Highlights of the Week

OK, so even though I'm the one who actually placed the order at Kinkos, picking up a box of bookmarks with MY bookcover and MY name on them is pretty cool. I showed my husband.
"You already showed me," he said. "They look great."
"Yes," I said, "but you didn't see the whole box of them."
Love my son as he insisted I pick out 20 for him to take to school and hand out to his class.

Tuesday I had the pleasure of having lunch with the inspiring Cynthia Leitich Smith. We met at Z-Tejas downtown (yummy miso salmon in case you're ever in the area). Things I enjoy about Cyn's company are how great she makes me feel about myself, the positive aura she exudes, and how dedicated to the writing life she is. (And I've been tagged by her for a 15 Random things, habits, facts, or goals thing which I'll do this weekend).

Today I head over to Mendez Middle School to help celebrate Read Across America Day. I love these opportunities to mingle with kids. Seeing kids in action, especially when they're interested in reading, is priceless.


Countdown to Big Sur: 7 days

No comments: