"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Looking for Inspiration

Random thought: It's never good when you check the mailbox and pull out a thick envelope from the IRS. It's even worse when you open said envelope and it mentions that you owe $24,000. Um, yeah, you read that right. Good news is I don't owe it. I just need to make a change (these are 2006 taxes) and send it back. And I may actually even end up getting some cash back out of the deal. Can you say "Sweet"?


If you're looking to get inspired, go watch some people test for their black belts. Seriously. These are the cream of the crop. The ones who've stuck with it. The ones who practice at home and put in the extra time. It's a goal. A commitment. They set their sights on something, and tonight, for them, it happened!
And watching doesn't mean you have to start Kung Fu. Just do something. Anything. Exercise each day. Write a novel. Fold your laundry.
Whatever it is, just make a goal, and get started!

3 comments:

Shelley.Livaudais said...

Wow. Big time WHEW on the not owing $24k.

And thanks for the reminder on getting started on my goals - I needed that!

Jill Douglass said...

We got one a few months back for $13,000. I just about died. However, just a clerical error and all was fine. Whew!

PJ Hoover said...

Yea! Got the taxes straightened out today. I'm amazed it took them a year to send it to me. Don't computers do everything?
And Shelley, totally creepy picture.