"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Monster Thanks!

I think they liked the "Give your monster a catch phrase" part of my presentation. And I'm not only a kid's author, I'm a Professional Monster Creator. Now this is a title I may have to put on the business cards.

From the school:
Monsters, Inc. is busy creating many mad monsters for our living monster museum. Scary, hairy and not-so ordinary, our creatures are getting ready for their debut. We were lucky enough to have a Professional Monster Creator come and share with us the many ways that monsters are created from past until present times. (Thanks Ms. Hoover!) Students are working to bring their monsters to life through scripting and actions of their monster creations.

10 comments:

Jim D said...

And who better than the scary guy from Chicagoland to send a monsterous CONGRATS!!! on your new title.

Jim D

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Jim! It has a nice ring, doesn't it?

Sheri said...

That's great! I LOVE professional monster creator and I think it definitely should be on your business cards. I just had mine made by a good firned of mine, Leeza (leezyblogs.blogspot.com - if that's not right, her link is on my blog) anyway she is an illustrator and she is great for thinking outside the box. She believes as children's writers/illustrators, our bus cards should be different and creative...

carla said...

ok HOW GREAT did that make you feel??

Carla, in need of coffee with you soon.

email me.

Shelley.Livaudais said...

Awesome!

And I love that you're an official Professional Monster Creator, with capital letters and everything!

Shelley
(carla's friend)

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Sheri, Thanks for the tip. I saw your cards and love them. I will definitely breeze over there and check her out.

Carla, I am in need of coffee with you too. Seriously!

And Shelley, thanks for stopping by! I checked out your squirrel-gecko ice cream you fashioned. I think you need to patent that design.

HipWriterMama said...

What a great title and it should be on your business cards. Your children must love it!

PJ Hoover said...

Yeah, it's funny. My son is starting to think I'm cool!

Barrie said...

I think Professional Monster Creator would be great on a business card. Bookmarks too!!

PJ Hoover said...

I'm thinking it into an entire marketing franchise, Barrie!