"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Big Sur - The Real Highlight

OK, Big Sur was great, like I already mentioned. But I fibbed about one thing. The highlight was not the guy telling me I was pretty at the gas station (though it was a nice finishing touch to the weekend).
The real highlight was meeting agent Laura Rennert, having her love my voice/work, and signing with her (as of Friday). Laura is a Senior Agent at Andrea Brown Literary Agency, represents some amazing authors and books, and is passionate about her work.

Yay!

Not only is she a fabulous agent (my top choice), I think she's even more excited about my book than I am. We emailed throughout the week, talked on the phone Friday, and then it was official.

---

If you ever get a chance to go to Big Sur, I highly recommend it. Being able to chit chat, eat lunch with, and get feedback from excellent agents, editors, and authors is worth every bit of the investment.

12 comments:

Jen Bradbury said...

Congratulations, PJ! That's great news.
Jen

Christine M said...

Yay You! Congratulations! This is such great news and you totally deserve it!

TJBrown said...

I have heard really good things about her. Congrats!
Teri

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks so much, you guys! You all are awesome!

HipWriterMama said...

This is such incredible, shout from the rooftop type of news. And I agree with Chris, you totally deserve it. Congratulations!

Jason said...

Wow, that's great news! Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks so much, Vivian and Jason!
And Jason, welcome back :)

carla said...

cant wait to sit and listen to EVERYTHING about it.

C.

Sheri said...

Oh my Gawd! That is awesome! I am so happy for you! See what comes from these conferences. That's a lesson for everyone. I hear it happening more from these conferences/workshops than any other way.

you go girl!

PJ Hoover said...

Carla, I can't wait to tell you everything about it!

Sheri! Thank you so much! And, yes, I have to be a firm believer in conference/workshop attendence.

Sara Latta said...

Great news--congratulations!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sara!!!
Glad you're blogger-block is over :)