"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Day One - The Mothership

OK, I have one word to say.

Wow.

And I'm not talking about the landscape while flying out here, or the fishtanks in the lobby, or the salmon with Bok Choy and Tofu for lunch.

I'm talking about the ability to sit in a cube in near perfect silence for five hours and write.

Wow.

I'm talking pure bliss. Concentration like I haven't had in years. No distractions on the desk (I will be doing some reorganizing at home based on this). No one coming by and talking. No laundry to change out. No dog poop to pick up.

Wow.

4 comments:

Christine M said...

Sounds perfect!

Jill Douglass said...

Hey, my grandmother lives in Carmel Valley, so I've spent a lot of time in that area. Enjoy California (and the mothership).

carla said...

cant wait for details.

Sheri said...

Wow! Seriously, Wow!

It took me years to build my writing day and now I wouldn't change it for the world - BUT there is always that laundry and the dishes and the dog hair on the floor.

I would love to find my Walden and just my one dog and I go and spend a week in the woods where she can sniff and explore and I can write, write, write.

Are you still there at the conference?