"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Goals Ahead

Someone asked. No, I haven't found the scarab beetles yet. I started cleaning my office area, but, as of yet, the only find worth mentioning is the massage gift certificate I got for my birthday last year. Yeah, last April. It's like I'm getting the gift all over again. So I need to schedule that, and my goal is to get it before my birthday this year. 39 days and counting.

Other goals for the month ahead include doing taxes, finishing the first draft of my WIP, and updating my business cards. Not bad when you consider I have to fit folding laundry and cleaning the toilets in there also.

Got any goals for the next month worth sharing? Any not worth sharing? Around here, we aren't picky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goal for the next 30 days:
1. finish my taxes
2. revise my last will and testament. This is a goal I had for the end of 2007. Maybe declaring this publicly will be further incentive to finish the task.
N

PJ Hoover said...

Yikes! I need to do the LW&T also. Thanks for the reminder, N! :)

Dawn Buthorn said...

My big goal for the next month (or so) is to finish the last 10k(more or less) of the first draft of my middle grade novel. I start school (mfa in writing for children at Vermont College) in July, and I really want to have this novel completed by then. Then I can put it aside for the next two years while I'm in school, and revise it afterwards using all the knowledge I've gained.

Btw, I also need to do #1 and #2 from your list, along with folding the laundry and scrubbing toilets.

Dawn

PJ Hoover said...

Hi Dawn! Have fun with the MG novel. And huge congrats on starting the MFA at Vermont! That is huge. Who will clean the toilets when you are away?