"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

So why go to Big Sur?

Yep, tomorrow I leave! Bright and early for the 6:25 AM flight. Which means I need to wake up at some horrible hour like 3:30. I know. But I need to shower in the morning.
So why go?

1) From everything I hear, the writing feedback is incredible.
2) I get to sit on an airplane with no kids in tow. If I need to go to the bathroom, I can go all by myself.
3) There's a pretty drive along the ocean.
4) I have the added benefit of visiting with my sister-in-law and niece who happen to live near San Jose.
5) Tomorrow I get to visit the mother ship of my day-job company.
6) Did I mention the writing?
7) It's fun to get away and meet new people.
8) Sharpening the saw is huge.
9) So my family can realize how much I'm needed.
10) Because all of us need a little time to ourselves.

A funny thing. I'm officially on vacation tomorrow, but I plan to be at my company all day. Why you might ask. Turns out there HQ is right by the airport, I get a cube where I can work on writing all day, I get free breakfast, free lunch, and free espresso, and they have fish tanks big enough to swim in. I've heard it's close to palatial. So really, I can't miss the opportunity to take it all in.

See you guys on Monday night!

8 comments:

Jim D said...

Have a great time

Jim D

Christine M said...

I know you'll have a great time. Learn lots of insightful things and then pass them all on to us!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!
Anna

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, guys! So far, so good. I've made it to the mothership.
And, yes, Chris, I will take copious notes!

HipWriterMama said...

You are so lucky! Enjoy and safe travels!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Vivian!

Sheri said...

3:30 AM.... GROANNNNNN. Ugh that is G-d awful early, BUT the pay-off is huge! There is so much to be gained by going to these workshops. Even if you are burned out for a few days when you get back home. So now, go and kick some writer's butt! (I mean that in a friendly way, of course!)

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Sheri! Luckily, I did get a nice two hour snooze on the plane.