Yep, tomorrow I leave! Bright and early for the 6:25 AM flight. Which means I need to wake up at some horrible hour like 3:30. I know. But I need to shower in the morning.
So why go?
1) From everything I hear, the writing feedback is incredible.
2) I get to sit on an airplane with no kids in tow. If I need to go to the bathroom, I can go all by myself.
3) There's a pretty drive along the ocean.
4) I have the added benefit of visiting with my sister-in-law and niece who happen to live near San Jose.
5) Tomorrow I get to visit the mother ship of my day-job company.
6) Did I mention the writing?
7) It's fun to get away and meet new people.
8) Sharpening the saw is huge.
9) So my family can realize how much I'm needed.
10) Because all of us need a little time to ourselves.
A funny thing. I'm officially on vacation tomorrow, but I plan to be at my company all day. Why you might ask. Turns out there HQ is right by the airport, I get a cube where I can work on writing all day, I get free breakfast, free lunch, and free espresso, and they have fish tanks big enough to swim in. I've heard it's close to palatial. So really, I can't miss the opportunity to take it all in.
See you guys on Monday night!