"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WIP Update

So I've gotten to page 200 of WIP (or about 45K words). I figure that's a good place to stop for the night. Tonight I deviated from the outline, and I'm loving it (though it did hurt my head). It didn't just happen. I sat down and brainstormed. Actually I did it as I tried to get my three-year-old to sleep. For some reason tonight she decided she didn't like her Superhero room anymore. She said Superman's eyes looked mean. I tried to convince her he was just going to throw Lex Luthar in jail and then head over the the Superhero party. It worked until I left her room. Truly, I think she was angling to sleep in bed with us.

How's everyone else doing on WIPs? I'm working not to incorporate Superman into the story, but I admit it is tempting.

3 comments:

Christine M said...

I was writing along and had a thought - "gee, maybe I should go a whole different direction with this" - so I stopped.

I'll have to start again and figure out which direction I want to take it.

carla said...

coffee soon?

sick AGAIN here (ahhhh mamahood)

C.

PJ Hoover said...

Chris, the whole new direction thing is always a good one to have. When I get this, I realize I can let go of part of my ms.

Coffee for sure, Carla! Next week?