"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, April 21, 2008

Five Goals on a Monday

So whatcha got going for the week ahead? What? You haven't planned it yet? The week is here. It's started. And it's not going to wait for you. So take a couple minutes and figure out five things you want to accomplish this week.

Here goes mine:

1) Re-read The Emerald Tablet. OK, this isn't just because I got the ARC for it. It's related to (2) below.

2) Begin another revision on the next book in The Forgotten Worlds Books. The Emerald Tablet is number 1, and the working title for number 2 is The Navel of the World (NOTW).

3) I ordered my tile. Now I need to arrange for someone to come install it. Guest bathroom will be back in working order before you know it!

4) Go shopping. Yes, alone. For myself.

5) Plan out bookshelves for my husband's office. We checked IKEA but didn't see any in the right size. Now I need to decide if I want to build them, or make due with what I can find.

So how about you? What's planned for the week?

Happy Monday!

11 comments:

Christine M said...

Plans for the week? Yikes - I just want to get through today.

But already I planned the menu for the week, did the grocery shopping, the last load of laundry is in the washer, typed up some documents for the PTO meeting I need to run tonight and am about to go out and buy new cushions for some of our patio furniture so people will have a place to sit at the First Communion Party in two weeks.

The rest of the week can take care of itself!

PJ Hoover said...

Oh, the menu for the week! I forgot that one. Last week I vowed I'd get the food thing under control. Sigh. Make my list six long now!

Working Mom said...

Today was a school holiday. I cleared out all of the extra hangers in the closet, took them and the dry cleaning to the cleaners, and took the kids to the library to check out new books. As for the rest of the week, I need to get ready for some house guests that will be staying with us Thursday and Friday.

PJ Hoover said...

Nice that you were able to get some stuff done even with the kiddos around. Have fun getting ready for your guests!

carla said...

oooh

number 4 sounds great!

Dawn Buthorn said...

My list? Run, run, run! Not physically, like exercise or anything (not me, no way!). More like driving kids to and from practices and games every day. Oh and my son's first communion is this weekend, along with opening day for baseball/softball. Oh and my parents are staying for the week. Oh, and I'd like to write a little in there too...

PJ Hoover said...

It does sounds nice, doesn't it, Carla! Very excited!

Congrats on your son's first communion, Dawn! Sounds like you have a great, busy week ahead :)

Barrie said...

I'm speaking for career school at one of our local high schools. Yikes!
1. Stop panicking.
2. Do more work on talk.
3. Stop panicking.
4. Figure out swag issue.
5. Stop panicking.
6. Homework, water polo, swim team, grocery shopping, meals, housework, ...

7. Oh yeah, some sort of writing thing. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Don't panic, Barrie! You'll do great!

keri mikulski :) said...

I like the shopping one - by yourself! Yay! I think I'll add that one to my list. Have a great week! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! You have a great week too! And if you get out shopping, let me know :)