"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, April 28, 2008

Five Goals on a Monday

Here we go again. A brand new week ahead. So what's on for this week?

My top five things I want to accomplish this week are:

1) Submit critique piece for manuscript workshop I'm attending in June.

2) Prepare for my son's seventh birthday (and associated party). This includes ordering the Chick-fil-a and cake, and making sure the house is in perfect order (:))

3) Finish initial pass on revision of NOTW. Many more passes required, but I'm feeling good that by next Monday I'll be once through the thing.

4) Buy some new phones. There seems to be a coup around the house with my phones. None of them seem to work right. One I can't hear on. Another has static.

5) Head to my local B&N and grab some awesome books by authors in The Class of 2k8. The ones I plan to pick up this time are: Braless in Wonderland by Debbie Reed Fischer, A Difficult Boy by M. P. Marker, A Lucky Place by Zu Vincent, and Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle. Looking for some great books? Head there and get them yourself!

Have a great week ahead, and if you've got anything to add, have at it and share!

13 comments:

HipWriterMama said...

Um, what's a Chick-fil-a? And a happy early birthday to your son!

Good luck!

I haven't written much in a week and need to get back to writing a few more chapters. And get to the grocery store.

PJ Hoover said...

:) HWM!
A Chick-fil-a is the cheap, easy way to cater a party for kids. You know - the fast food place. Or are they not NE-centric? Large party platter of chicken nuggets!
Have fun with the writing.

Christine M said...

My goals for the week pretty much all have to do with preparing for my son's First Communion party on Saturday.

When's your son's birthday? And a happy birthday to him! Does he want an exotic pet too?

PJ Hoover said...

He's a Cinco de Mayo party, Chris! That's the Fifth of May for all you non-Texas folk :)
He's loves King Tort. And we are having the Exotic Pet party, so hopefully that will tide him over.
No snakes at pets. Ever.

beth said...

*waves* Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Would you mind sharing what conference your attending? I'm trying to get to one next year and am racking up feedback on which are the best.

PJ Hoover said...

Hi Beth! I'm attending a local, Austin writing workshop. I've been to SCBWI NY a couple times, and last month I went to Big Sur writing workshop. Big Sur was amazing. I highly recommend it if you're looking for one to go to. They have a strictly kids one in December and a YA/Adult one in March each year.

Shelley.Livaudais said...

You're far more ambitious than I in a given week.

But I have a good phone recommendation if you're interested. We went through 3 sets and now we're HAPPY!

Have a great week!

keri mikulski :) said...

Yummy! Chick-fil-a! I'm always excited when I see the tray at the parties. :)

My goals? Write, write, write - with no distractions. :)

carla said...

I wanna read braless as well.

my goal? finish my piece due on 5.7 by 5.2

PJ Hoover said...

Yes, Shelley, I want the phone recommendation pronto! Please!

:) Keri! I'm always excited when I see Chick-fil-a at my parties because it means I didn't have to cook! Have fun writing!

Carla, you are a super go-getter! And the sooner you finish, the sooner we can meet for coffee or playdate!

beth said...

THANKS! I've heard a lot of good things about Big Sur....

beth said...

PS-I added a link to your blog on my blog. Do you mind?

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Beth! Whenever I finally do a blog roll, I'll do the same!