"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, April 18, 2008

Five things on a Friday

Friday is here! Halfway gone actually. Here's what I have to say about the week.

1) I got everything on my Monday list done!

2) This was my first official week as a full time writer. Yes, it's true. My last day of work at the engineering job was Friday. It's taken me the week to feel like I have my arms around everything I want to accomplish. My advice for the week century - Make Lists.

3) Our new fence in the backyard rocks! My kids can play back there with no fears of them running into the street. My dog gets to go outside without a leash for the first time in eight years. And now I have the exciting opportunity to clear out all the brush.

4) The Class of 2k8 has four releases this month! Two have already come out. Zu Vincent's The Lucky Place and M. P. Barker's A Difficult Boy. Head to your bookstore and get them today!

5) A friend and I were discussing the whole "I think" thing. Her feelings were it may be gender related. Women are more apt to say "I think" than men. But then today at lunch with my husband, I caught him saying it. Now I notice it everywhere.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

keri mikulski :) said...

Wow! What a productive week. Have a great weekend, you deserve it!

Jen Bradbury said...

Lists rule! Only slightly better is naptime.
Go, you writer mama, you!
Jen

Working Mom said...

I stand corrected!

Sheri said...

some people from 2k8 are coming to talk at teh NJ SCBWI conference in June. I signed up for their workshop. Grab, Doyle, Nelson, and Viau... I will think of you...

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! You too. I love being productive. It's such a great feeling.

Lists do rule, Jen! And naptime sounds tempting. I take ten minutes power naps in the car when I'm waiting to pick up my son from school.

Yes, Working Mom, I will be doing further analysis on this subject. And we'll have to meet and talk again.

Sheri, you will love the 2k8 workshop! I'd love to go! You'll have to let me know how it goes. And then you'll have officially met more 2k8ers than I have!

Patty P said...

First, congratulations on your first official week as a "real" writer! I'm sure the transition is busy, wonderful, crazy, and exciting.
Also, I say "I think" ALL the time. I'm starting to think who the heck cares?
Next, I tagged you for a "little bit about yourself" ...visit my blog if you'd liek to participate.
Have a good one!

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Patty! I will participate! Check back sometime this week. And thanks for the well wishes. It was busy, but oh so nice!

Rebecca said...

So cool that you get to be a full time writer! I just recently did the opposite--went back to work.

I hope all your weeks are as productive as this one. :-)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Rebecca! Hope your return to work is a positive experience!