"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, April 25, 2008

Five Things on a Friday

So two weeks now as an official writer, and the good news is I've actually started writing during the day! I know. Sounds bizarre. But I'm trying to build my schedule little by little.

So here goes. Five things about my week.

1) Have to say it. I got everything done on my Monday list. I'm still waiting for one of the bathroom tile quotes to come in, but I consider it in the works.

2) Our Class of 2k8 proposed panel got accepted at this year's November NCTE!

3) Today is early release at elementary school. The kids and I are headed to the Bob Bullock History museum IMAX theater for Sea Monsters 3D. I'm thinking I have a giant squid in one of my books. Book research?

4) My son has memorized "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck..." I can still remember how excited I was to know this. I never got the Bitter Butter one though. Thankfully my husband knows it by heart.

5) Revisions on NOTW are amazing. I've cut thousands of words and can see huge improvements in my writing! And best of all, I'm having fun. It's rewarding when you actually feel like you're getting better at something.


Side note: You always know it's time to change the batteries in the wireless mouse when every time you go to use it, you feel like picked it up and chucking it across the room.

Have a great weekend! Our Austin SCBWI Conference is tomorrow, and my birthday is Sunday. I only have one this on my wish list. Here's hoping I report back with a picture of it on Monday!

4 comments:

Christine M said...

Sounds like a good week! Happy Birthday in advance and have fun at SCBWI.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Chris. It was a productive week. So nice to have time to be productive!

HipWriterMama said...

Sounds like a great week! Have fun at the conference and enjoy your birthday...may all your wishes come true.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Vivian! My daughter wants to make me a "mummy" cake.