"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Get to know you Meme

OK, catching up on another meme tag. Spring definitely brings these out, but seeing as how it is my blog, well, why not?

Thanks to critique group member, Patty, for the tag.

Here goes.

Rules for the game:
1. Put these rules at the beginning of your post.
2. Answer each question (see below) in your post.
3. Tag five people at the end.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
A newlywed, no kids, designing chips, making plans to visit Japan, practicing Aikido, working on an 8000 piece jigsaw puzzle.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Hang with the family.
Spend time with friends.
Write.
Exercise.
Shop for a bigger house.
(I'm thinking only one of these really related to the billionaire thing)

Five jobs that I have had:
Donut seller
Dorm security monitor
Car assessor
Chip designer
Writer :)

Three of my habits. Patty assumed bad habits, but let's go with one good, one bad, and one neutral. You decide which is which.
Write every day (or night)
Let laundry stack up until I have seven baskets to fold
Not think about what's for dinner until five o'clock

Five places I have lived:
1. Alexandria, VA
2. Dayton, Ohio
3. Blacksburg, VA
4. Chicago, IL
5. Austin, TX

Five people I want to get to know better -- You're tagged!
Sheri
Chris
Jen
Teri
Dawn

2 comments:

chatteringbee said...

Very interesting! :)

Oh and one question: Can you speak Japanese? :D

-Reader Rabbit

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Chatteringbee! No, I can't. Just the basic "Thank you very much" stuff I learned in Aikido. I took Japanese for about a month, but I realized I wouldn't learn the language just by going to class once a week. Funny how that works! :)