"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I met Mark Twain

So when I saw him, I thought it was Einstein. Anyway, he did let me take a picture with him. But then I knew it wasn't Einstein when I asked him to take a picture of me. He couldn't figure out how to use the camera.


TLA was great! I'd never been to a library conference before, but didn't find it the least bit overwhelming. Except for figuring out how to stash all my books. And just when I though I'd have not where else to put any more, I rounded the corner, and a booth was giving away free tote bags. Enter twenty more free books.


I tried to only pick up stuff I had a chance of reading, and I ended up with over forty books. Some are for my kids. A couple for my dad. And as the kids get older, they'll be able to read more.

Funny enough, when I got to the Blooming Tree booth, they asked me to sign books! Wow. Talk about feeling like a real author. I did have my lucky pen with me. I keep it around for all book related signing things. So far, that's been a publishing contract and an agent contract. And now I can add 400 ARCs of The Emerald Tablet to the list.

I give you a picture of me with my wonderful editor, Madeline Smoot. Yes, those are ARCs of The Emerald Tablet we're holding. And I'm happy to report all 400 copies vanished from the table! Go Emerald Tablet, go!

21 comments:

Kelly said...

Look at how cute you are! And that Book? Very good looking :)

Looks like fun!

carla said...

I would love to meet your editor.

(*wink*)

Christine M said...

Go PJ!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Kelly! Cute is good. And the yellow really stood out on the cover!

Carla, I can set up an introduction :)

Thanks, Chris!

You guys are awesome!

Jen Bradbury said...

Looks like fun!
Jen

PJ Hoover said...

It was fun, Jen! Everyone was so friendly :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I am impressed and proud of you! N

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, N! Waterloo soon!

Sheri said...

WOW! all 400 copies! That is so awesome! You look positively radiant - just glowing with happiness! I am elated for you.

By the way, TAG YOU'RE IT! I was book meme tagged and so I tagged you! Go to my blog to check it out.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sheri! It was a fun day!
OK, tag I'm it. Fun book Meme. Oh, wait, is that The Emerald Tablet I see on the desk next to me???

Jessica Burkhart said...

Oooh, I have book envy. :)

PJ Hoover said...

It's you soon, Jessica!

Jim D said...

Did you have to wrestle the two copies back from people for the picture with Madeline?

I'm excited for you!

Jim D

HipWriterMama said...

Man. You look like one happy author. I'm so glad you shared this with us. Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Jim and Vivian! I'm glad I look happy. Better than looking like a disgruntled debut novelist!
And no, didn't have to wrestle the copies back. I shoved them in my bag before they hit the table!

Tasha said...

I am so jealous of all the people that got to snag and ARC of your book. It looks wonderul and I can't wait to read it:)

keri mikulski :) said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the pics and enjoy the books! ;)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks Tasha! I will be sending you a copy :)

Hey Keri! You're welcome! I'm so glad I remembered to take pictures.

Sheri said...

Funny you should mention your wonderful book, because I have now tagged you again, so do which ever one you want. I jsut posted it on my blog - a spin on the book Meme. I decided since we are all writers, why not do a book meme with our own MS??? So visit my blog again for the new rules.

I can't wait to read your short excerpt!

Barrie said...

This is a VERY exciting photo!

PJ Hoover said...

OK, Sheri, I'm up for your meme. Tomorrow maybe. Or even later tonight depending on how tired I am.

Thanks, Barrie! I was very excited! And I saw your ARC there at Random House. I didn't pick it up since I knew I'd be buying the book when it came out :)