"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, April 14, 2008

So there went that week!

Um, what happened? Almost a week went by and I didn't post?
I wanted to do the Five Things on a Friday thing, but Friday vanished. So this Friday, look forward to hearing about five things I've done this week.

So instead I give you Five Goals on a Monday. Five things I plan to accomplish this week:

1) Attend the Texas Library Association conference (TLA) on Wednesday. I've never been. Blooming Tree Press has a booth. I want to see what the buzz is all about.

2) Finish a (very bad) first draft of my current WIP (code name KOS). So much of this will need to change. But getting through the first draft will help deliver that punch of completion needed to keep us writers going.

3) Evites for my son's birthday party. I've already booked the snakes and spiders to come over, so now I only need the kids.

4) Make one of those lists of everything I want to get done around the house. This includes tasks like pouring through the junk drawers and taking stuff to Goodwill.

5) Figure out how much tile I need for our guest shower. Currently we have our master shower and our guest room shower torn out. We're down to one shower in the house. My dad is sure we'll end up out on the deck pretty soon with the hose.

So how about you? Whatcha got planned for the week? This about it and we can compare notes on Friday.

14 comments:

Christine M said...

If you've got the snakes and bugs coming - do you even need the kids?

Sounds like it will be an interesting party!

Shelley.Livaudais said...

Great idea, setting goals for your week!

And I'm with Christine - the snakes & bugs alone seem like a great party!

Anonymous said...

I paid and filed my taxes. That was enough of an accomplishment for one week.
N

PJ Hoover said...

Chris and Shelley, the spider/snake/frog party rocks. The kids are good to have there to as they introduce the bravery to touch the scorpion.

Good accomplishment, N! I am doing that tomorrow! Nothing like waiting until the last day. But I got mine down $60 by working on them today.

Jim D said...

How does getting quotes on a roof replacement and putting up a tarp in anticipation of Thursday rain sound?

Think I'd rather go to a B'day party with spiders and snakes. (I did play the part of Prof. Snape once 10 or so years ago, so I guess that means I can talk to snakes)

PJ Hoover said...

Snape was around ten years ago? I feel OLD!!!! And, Jim, those sound like good things to accomplish this week. Roof replacement? Was it planned? Or was it the happy Chicagoland weather? Or did a meteorite shoot through your roof? I like that one the best.

carla said...

is it bad that Im tired after merely reading YOUR list?

do I have to make my own?

C.

PJ Hoover said...

Please, Carla! Like you don't have a list already made :)

keri mikulski :) said...

Snakes and bugs? :)

Writing, running, toddler, softball. :) The usual.

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Keri, definitely a party worth having! And it sounds like you have a perfect week ahead.

Dawn Buthorn said...

My main goal for this week is to complete my first round of revisions on my novel-while keeping up with life (getting children to softball, baseball, soccer, tae kwon do, etc., not to mention cooking and cleaning...)
My second goal is to stay sane while doing this.

HipWriterMama said...

Revisions, gardening, organizing, laundry, laundry, laundry.

Sheri said...

What's today Wednesday??? My, the week is flying. It held so much promise on Monday and now, look at me... Behind once again. I hate lists. Why do I make them? I never finish everything on them...

So I have two copies to write that I swore I would do on Tuesday. I get myself all pumped up to do a rewrite of a PB I wrote and an editor is waiting on... but alas, still no rewrite. I have laundry to fold and put away, vacuuming to do and still some dishes to scrub from dinner. I suddenly feel very unmotivated... out of steam... I thought in the spring I feel energized. I feel like taking a three-day long nap!

Tonight my big goal is to watch American Idol and hope Jason didn't get voted off. I know he won't win, but I just love his individuality. David Cook will win, for sure!

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Dawn, funny how life gets in the way of writing! Good luck with the staying sane part.

Hey Vivian, glad to see the gardening on there also. Laundry doesn't release your mind enough. There's something about getting outside that helps clear your thoughts!

Hey Sheri! Hope the American Idol goes as you planned! And I love lists. Just writing down what I need to get gone really makes it happen. Three down, two to go.