"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The spin on the book meme

OK, I've been tagged. Actually, I'm about five memes behind, but I start with this one.

Thanks to Sheri for the tag. And without further delay, here are the rules:

1. Choose anyone of YOUR OWN manuscripts. It can be a picture book, MG novel, an adult novel... It makes no difference.
2. Turn to page 30 of your novel or page 3 if it is a PB
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next 5 sentences of text.
5. Then tag 5 writer friends to do the same.
6. See if you can visit Your Tagged Friends and the Person who Tagged You to read their short excepts.

And since I have a nice, new copy of The Emerald Tablet ARC right here on my desk, I'll go with that one.

Page 30, fifth sentence:
Benjamin looked at Jack.

Next five sentences (without trying to edit as I type):
Jack smiled and looked back at Benjamin. "You won't even know I'm around," Jack said.
Benjamin tried to relax, but found it hard to pretend the small man wasn't on his shoulder. Would Jack be around all the time? Would he have to shower with the Nogical on his shoulder?

And now, for fun, I tag:

Chris
Kelly
Jim
Vivian
Kim
Patty

12 comments:

Christine M said...

I'm busy doing your meme right now! What fun!

PJ Hoover said...

Loved your excerpt, Chris!

Christine M said...

I followed the rules, and that's what I got.

TJBrown said...

That's actually a pretty cool Meme:)
Teri

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Teri! Consider yourself tagged!

Sheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri said...

Oh I hate when a Nogical is on my shoulder and I am showering...

Thanks for playing! It was fun!

PJ Hoover said...

So you have the Nogical problem also, Sheri?
Thanks for inviting me to play!

Kelly said...

Thanks for inviting us all, PJ. (I never know the right thing to call you on the blogs, btw.) I posted my excerpt. It was fun to read yours!

PJ Hoover said...

Yay, Kelly! I'll head over and read yours :)
And I never know what to call myself either!

HipWriterMama said...

Okay, I finally have my post up...with a twist!

Thanks for tagging me!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for playing, HWM. And that is quite the twist! Very cool.