"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Success!

OK, I didn't fix the dryer.

Next, my kids' play chainsaw stopped working, so I took it apart. Even pulled out my soldering iron to fix a wire which had come undone. Put it back together. Didn't work.

Two tries. Two failures. I started to get a complex. Normally, I'm so good at this stuff.

But today was different. I pulled out the new parts for out treadmill. The ones I'd ordered. Changed them out on the treadmill. Put it all back together. Plugged it in. And guess what? It works!

Success.

So what's this tell us? It doesn't matter if you fail. Keep on trying, and you're sure to find success.

---

Side note: The drip inside my washer is getting worse. But I think I'll wait until tomorrow to google "dripping washing machine". I plan on ending the night writing, not unscrewing another appliance.

4 comments:

Christine M said...

Success is nice!

Sorry about the drippy washer.

Have fun writing!

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Chris! Did you bring on the drippy washer? Is this part of the Critique Group Appliance Curse (CGAC for short)?

HipWriterMama said...

You are totally cracking me up! I thought I was good at fixing things around the house, but you take it up a notch and then some!

BTW, does your husband know how to fix these things?

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, HipWriterMama!
I figure the worst thing to happen will be me buying a new one. Except with your stove. I'd be a bit leary to touch that one.
Husband never really has to try, since I generally get to stuff first. But he's getting better!