"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, May 05, 2008

Five Goals on a Monday

Another week. Did you set your goals yet? No? Time to get cracking.

So what's up for me for the week? The birthday party is behind me. I've faced my fears! I still need to buy the phones and books. But anyway, here goes!

1) Go to the awesome release party for The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan at Book People. Are you going also? Did you pre-order the book?

2) Get my shower tiled. As, funny enough, as we speak, two guys are here doing just that. Wow, Monday morning, and I've already (almost) accomplished this one.

3) Really finish a first pass at NOTW. I'm 2/3 of the way through, and just focusing on major plot changes this time around. I'll give it at least two more passes this month, plumping up the voice and show-don't-tell factor.

4) Tour possible new preschool for my little girl. Also, I'll clump this one in here. We have a parent teacher conference scheduled for my son.

5) Begin itemizing some stuff for marketing and publicity for The Emerald Tablet. I know - release isn't until October. But I need to get this stuff organized so I don't get overwhelmed.

So what's going on there? Got any great goals for the week?

And side note - Happy 7th birthday to my son! Ack! Where did the time go?

8 comments:

Christine M said...

Sounds like some great goals! I'm so jealous that you are going to a release party for Rick Riordan's new book! My kids LOVE those books!

My goal. To do a rewrite on a certain manuscript. I've got the laundry and the shopping done. It's time to get to work.

PJ Hoover said...

Chris, I'm so excited about the release party. I've heard RR himself will be there! BookPeople runs the Camp Half Blood summer camps.
Laundry! I have that one too!
Have a great week :)

Dawn Buthorn said...

My main goal this week is to complete my third (or fourth, maybe fifth, but who's counting?) revision on my novel. I need to send the first 20 pages to Vermont College for workshop by the end of next week, so at the very least I want to get those done.
Also, I am the scholastic liaison for my school's book fair, so there are a million or so jobs this week related to that. Basically, I just want to survive the week.

Jim D said...

When is the Chicago booksigning??

Jim D :-)

Kelly said...

Yay for your goals and the launch party. My kids love, love, love Percy Jackson.

PJ Hoover said...

Dawn, can I say how brave you are to be the scholastic liaison? Surviving the week with that is a great goal! Not to mention the revision. Good luck!

Jim, when the book comes out in October, it will be getting way too cold in Chicago. Maybe when it thaws in Spring????? We miss you!

Kelly, I love, love, love Percy Jackson also! Talk about a kid with voice! I can't wait!

keri mikulski :) said...

Sounds like a great week!

BTW - You've been tagged! Have a super Tuesday!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for the tag, Keri! Hope you have a great Tuesday also!