"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Five Goals on a Tuesday

Goal for this past weekend: Have fun! After spending much of the weekend hanging out with friends, I'm ready to sit my bottom in front of the computer and relax with everything else.

The last week of school, then it's summer, summer, summer! So here goes.

1) I got hacked! My credit card info got taken (including said sacred security code). So I've spent the better part of today canceling the card and clearing up the charges (which luckily is not a big deal). Once I get new cards tomorrow, I can set up all my auto-charge stuff again.
How could something like this happen to someone as responsible as me, you ask. My best guess is a couple weeks ago when we went outlet shopping, one of the sales clerks made a copy of the card information as the fraudulent charges started the next day. They're all online, under a fake name, and for places like blockbuster.com. Goal: Always watch card when it's out of my hands in the future.

2) Buy envelopes to mail ARCs out in. But guess what - I can't do it today. I've got no credit card! (There's no better way to save money).

3) Work more on plotting for T2-KOS. I came up with some good stuff last week and plan to do more this week. Totally focusing on my MC's motivation right now. Then I plan to write all the plots out in columns and tie them together.

4) I'm getting a massage tomorrow - so long as I can come up with the cash to pay (once again - the no credit card thing). I do have a gift card which will cover the very large bulk of it.

5) Pray the current audiobook I'm listening to gets better. No, I won't name it, but I find it's gotten to the point where I can't stand the MC. I keep hoping she'll be redeemed here any second. It's third in a series, so I'm invested. I have faith in the author to make me like her again, but I'm praying it will happen soon.

Enjoy the weather! Watch your credit cards! And do something fun!

Happy week ahead!

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay, Tricia: Spill! What's the audiobook? Did you like the first two in the series?

And I'm so bummed about your credit cards. It's always a terrible situation!

PJ Hoover said...

:) i'll email you.
But I loved the first one. Liked the second.

Christine M said...

So sorry about your credit card situation. And I have a guess on the audio book. I'll e-mail you.

keri mikulski :) said...

That sucks about the credit card. Good luck. Enjoy the massage! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Chris! I feel fortunate nothing worse happened on the credit card thing. And it's weird to go a day spending NO money. Not like I spend it every day, but knowing I don't have the credit card to pay!

Thanks, Keri! I'm so psyched to get the massage! Now to dig out the extra cash to pay :) I need a haircut too, but think I'll head elsewhere for that!

Shelley.Livaudais said...

Sorry about the credit card! What a hassle.

And I, too, am curious about the book you're listening to....any hints?

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Shelley! When/if I see you soon, I'll tell you :)

Jim D said...

Sorry about the credit card problems.

Like Chris...I have a guess...

I'll e-mail

(You should know by now I can't pass up a mystery!)

Jim D

PJ Hoover said...

Oh, I'm sorry I told you the answer then, Jim!
Thanks on the CC.

beth said...

There are a couple of series out now that I liked the first book, but I thought the series would go in a direction I didn't like, so I refused to read the others. I can't stand starting a book and hating it later. My only OCD is that I feel that I have to read the whole book--I can't NOT read a book I start!

Good luck on the credit card info!! What a pain!

Amy Addison said...

Hugs on the credit card mess. Glad you got it worked out. Sorry about the bad book, too. Really, life's too short to read (or listen to) bad books.

Which brings up an interesting question: How long do you give a book before giving up?

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Beth! I used to have a much harder time putting a book down, but now I will do it (I think it's the having kids and less free time thing). Some I put down with the intention of picking back up at some point. Others I flat out make the decision to never read again.

Funny question, Amy, because there have been books I've started reading, hated, and then loved by the end. These are generally ones which venture out of my comfort zone of reading but are written in a style I like. I'll stick with this one only because it's just starting to turn around (see, somebody was listening to my prayers!).

Lenore said...

Your book sounds really good - I'm putting in on my wishlist.

When did you get the ARCs? And is CBAY sending any out through their Sneaky Peeks program?

PJ Hoover said...

Hi Lenore! Thanks for putting it on your wishlist :) I'm not sure about the Sneak Peaks thing, but next time I talk to my editor, I can ask. The ARCs came out last month right before the Texas Library Association conference.
BTW, the reviews on your blog look great! Thanks for stopping by!

Lenore said...

Oh nice that you stopped by :)
I look forward to reviewing yours too.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lenore!