It's Friday again, and the good news is our weekend is pretty calm. A playdate today. Another tomorrow. Sunday? Yard work? Maybe a hike in the woods?
Here's five exciting things from the week gone by (or going by):
1) I got my Smurfs for the year. They're one of the few things I still collect, and the best thing about them is they're reasonable. Each year about 8 new ones are put out. So look at these guys! Even Gargamel and Azriel seem to be having fun at this party! Like Smurfs? Check out Puffins. Or, if your local in Austin, Toy Joy keeps them in stock along with a gazillion other cool things.
2) Airfare prices dropped, and I snagged tickets to Virginia for $230 a piece! Is this good? YES. I'd been looking at $450 as an average before that. The secret to getting good airfare? Start checking early and check every morning and night. And use Kayak.
3) First revision on NOTW - DONE. And now I'm going through again. The major changes are in place, so now it's a matter of continually adding all those fun things that make people want to read it over and over and stand in line for the next one (this is called visualization).
4) I read the greatest ARC I picked up from TLA. Madapple by Christina Meldrum. Honestly, it was so great I still plan to buy the real book when it comes out on May 18th. Highly recommended.
5) I painted my daughter's face and hair like Medusa for the Battle of the Labyrinth release party at BookPeople. She's all about the dressing up, and sat patiently while I put 10 snakes (ponytails) in her hair.
Have a great weekend!