Happy week to everyone! Hope you had a great one. All good things here, and I'm looking forward to a (relaxing) weekend of camping, birthday parties, and dance classes.
So here's my five for the week:
1) My son started reading The Emerald Tablet. He's already on page 80, which is quite an accomplishment for a 7-year-old. The best part? He's starting to use words like "teleport" and "telekinesis" in every day conversation. Example: Mom, since we'll be camping this weekend, we can teleport to church." Love it!
2) I got together with fellow writers Jane Peddicord and Erin Edwards yesterday for our own mini plotting workshop. We watched Blockbuster Plots and spent time working on our current WIPs. Jane also made us a fantastic lunch!
3) My tent rocks. Did I mention that? It sleeps 8 and has a screened in patio. No shower; I'm still trying to figure that one out.
4) I'm an official Field Day volunteer up at the elementary school today. First and third graders - here I come. "Run faster!" "Jump Higher!"
5) I'm almost done with Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. Have you read the series? Any thoughts? The plot definitely picks up toward the end of this one, and I can't wait to finish.
Have a great weekend. Do something fun! Do something productive! Write! Just do something!