"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, May 23, 2008

Five on a Friday

Happy Friday, everyone! Late post, but I cleaned BEFORE getting on the computer this morning. Really, since quitting the day job and writing/mom-ing full time, not much in the morning routine has changed. I get up the same time (6:00). Shower. Get kids ready for school. Drink coffee. Head to Kung Fu.
It's all good. I love getting up and starting each day fresh!

Here's my five for the week:

1) I met with my web designers to talk about plans for my book page. In the doing, I realized I need a map.

So I started with this:

And ended with this:


I love the power of a the Light Bright and Adobe Photoshop.

2) I went camping. I ate s'mores. I dared the outhouse (um, yuck). Really, is there anything grosser? The main bathrooms near us were under construction.

3) I rode my bike while camping. I completely forgot how much I love to bike ride. Almost 6 years ago, I took an SUV head-on while on my bike, and since then, it's never been the same. Sure, I have a new bike, but let's just say in the last 6 years I rode it enough to count on 2 fingers. This summer - family bike rides.

4) We (finally) met with someone to have wills drawn up. Yay! This has been on the list for a good five years.

5) Five books I ordered from Amazon came!

Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle

The Lucky Place by Zu Vincent

Shift by Jennifer Bradbury

A Difficult Boy by M. P. Barker

Braless in Wonderland by Debbie Reed Fischer


To order this week:
The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas
La Petite Four by Regina Scott

Have a great weekend! I'm off the see the Round Rock Express play on Sunday!

18 comments:

Tasha said...

Those look like some great books you got!! I just got Bewitching Season and A Difficult Boy along with countless others!! Doesn't it seem that as soon as your order comes in you have more you need to buy!!

PJ Hoover said...

Yes, Tasha! I need to find a way to freeze time so I can read them all!

keri mikulski :) said...

Great TBR list.. And the will thing. Yuck. We have to do that soon. Have a fun weekend!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! I'll be thinking of you when I'm at the baseball game on Sunday!

Amy said...

Enjoy your weekend reading! Great books!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Amy! Not sure if the kids will let me do much reading this weekend! We'll see :)

Working Mom said...

Five to do this weekend:
1. Strip wall paper in the kids bathroom.
2. Paint the bathroom.
3. Swim-- it's so darned hot!
4. Relax
5. Read my ARC of the Emerald Tablet

PJ Hoover said...

Wow, Working mom - What a list! Now how do you decide between stripping the wallpaper or reading The Emerald Tablet?

Working Mom said...

Maybe I can convince Hubby to strip the wallpaper while I read The Emerald Tablet ;-)...Just kidding.

PJ Hoover said...

Now that would be a plan, working mom!

Jim D said...

Have fun at the ballgame!

We celebrated my daughter's 21st at the White Sox game last night and had a great time.

Jim D

PJ Hoover said...

Wow, Jim, way different than how I celebrated my 21st! But the White Sox stadium is cool - especially when they have fireworks!

beth said...

I hadn't heard of some of these books, but they're going on my list!

I just got the first three books of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! ...but gotta see the new Indy movie first :)

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Beth! I love the Percy Jackson books. They're my favorites. And I think we're off to see Indy Monday.

RR2 said...

I just read Shift-it was awesome. And I have A Difficult Boy waiting for me. :) And, the others sound really good!

TJBrown said...

I ency you all the books... I must catch up!Also, I have always wanted to do martial arts. I dunno why. I am so not coordinated!
Teri

PJ Hoover said...

They all sound so good, RR2, I'm not sure which to read first!!!!! How to decide?

You should start martial arts, Teri. Coordination will come, just like writing :)

Barrie said...

What great book choices!