"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, May 30, 2008

Five on my Friday

Short week here. Last day of school! Next week I'm looking at a week of bliss with the kids involving The Dinosaur Park, The Austin Zoo, and either Indiana Jones or Prince Caspian (No, Kelly, please don't roll your eyes - my son really wants to go!).

It's been a short week, but not a dull one. So here goes:

1) I started plotting work on T2-KOS. (I love the cryptic acronyms, too). Focusing in on motivation and making sure one event leads to the next. So far, my progress has been great! I'm psyched to start on revisions, but plan to wait until at least most of my open questions are answered!

2) I broke down and bought my 3-year-old daughter Transformers (boy) underwear yesterday. It all started with a morning battle over who got to wear the Transformers shirt. My son won. My daughter cried. And I promised the underwear.

3) I need to point out another Class of 2k8 book is out. Pick up Read My Lips by Teri Brown!

4) The rock tumbler is still tumbling, but this weekend, we get to stop it and move on to Step 3 (which I think is only a couple days). Shiny rocks, here we come!

5) I never do Poetry Friday. I know like a gazillion people do this, but so far, I've resisted the very tiny urges I have. It's not that I don't like poetry. Four years ago I memorized Kubla Khan by Samuel Coleridge and still recite it almost every day to keep it fresh. It's good to exercise the mind!


So this is my Friday Five. How about yours?
Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Tasha said...

It's my last day of school today too...well except for one exam next week!! I definitely recommend going to see Prince Caspian. It could possibly be better than the first. I still haven't made up my mind, but it was simply amazing. Haven't been hearing to many good things about Indiana Jones, but my friends could definitely be wrong.

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Tasha, because I think the Indiana Jones thing is like a requirement all us 70s/80s children feel like we need to do. And want to do. We can't stop ourselves!
Happy last day, and good luck on the exam!

Christine M said...

Come on PJ - join in on Poetry Friday - you're missing all the fun!

PJ Hoover said...

But how many times would you want to see Kubla Khan, Chris? Or I could go with spontaneous poetry composition. Yikes!

Kelly said...

You totally have to join PF. I started it as a kind of medicine, but now--it's only candy :)

Okay, okay, go to Prince Caspian. I actually liked Indy, but only for nostalgia reasons, I think. The kids were a little WTH?!?

Sounds like a fun week!

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Kelly, my kids will probably wonder who the old guy in the hat is. We may pop in an Indy movie tonight to prime them :)
Candy is good. If PF is like candy, I may have to give it a try.

laurasmagicday said...

Yup. Gonna see Indiana Jones this weekend too. I'm such a sucker for those movies [and the ride at Disneyland] besides I love Karen Allen. Your such a good mom. I bet those undies are adorable. And I can't wait to hear how those rocks look...very cool:)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Laura! That's the ultimate compliment! I hope my kids grow up and remember the little things (like the undies).
I will definitely let you know how the rocks look.

TJBrown said...

Thanks for the shout out:) I'm stoked for the events of the next two weeks!
Teri

TJBrown said...

Thanks for the shout out:) I'm stoked for the events of the next two weeks!
Teri

Barrie said...

We've done the rock tumbling thing!

Working Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PJ Hoover said...

Yay for Read My Lips, Teri! I'm psyched! I got my ARC of it in the mail today!

Hey Barrie! So how were your rocks? Tomorrow is our big rock unveiling of stage 2.