Short week here. Last day of school! Next week I'm looking at a week of bliss with the kids involving The Dinosaur Park, The Austin Zoo, and either Indiana Jones or Prince Caspian (No, Kelly, please don't roll your eyes - my son really wants to go!).
It's been a short week, but not a dull one. So here goes:
1) I started plotting work on T2-KOS. (I love the cryptic acronyms, too). Focusing in on motivation and making sure one event leads to the next. So far, my progress has been great! I'm psyched to start on revisions, but plan to wait until at least most of my open questions are answered!
2) I broke down and bought my 3-year-old daughter Transformers (boy) underwear yesterday. It all started with a morning battle over who got to wear the Transformers shirt. My son won. My daughter cried. And I promised the underwear.
3) I need to point out another Class of 2k8 book is out. Pick up Read My Lips by Teri Brown!
4) The rock tumbler is still tumbling, but this weekend, we get to stop it and move on to Step 3 (which I think is only a couple days). Shiny rocks, here we come!
5) I never do Poetry Friday. I know like a gazillion people do this, but so far, I've resisted the very tiny urges I have. It's not that I don't like poetry. Four years ago I memorized Kubla Khan by Samuel Coleridge and still recite it almost every day to keep it fresh. It's good to exercise the mind!
So this is my Friday Five. How about yours?
Have a great weekend!