I'm thinking the title "Five Goals on a Monday" may get old. But the important thing to keep in mind is that setting goals should never get old. Think about goals every day. Set new ones regularly. I've noticed with myself whenever I stop thinking about them for a time, many things in my life slip. And it's a slippery slope.
So get on it. Set your Monday goals, and get to work!
Here's what I have planned for the week.
1) Test for my brown belt in Kung Fu. That's right. No more brightly colored greens an blues and yellows. If all goes according to plan, on Wednesday I test.
2) Buy a tent. The Hoover family is off for a Cub Scout camp out this weekend, and my son specifically requested a big tent. Actually at this point we have no tent, so anything is better than nothing. But Academy, here I come.
3) In the never ending quest for fun, I plan to buy Guitar Hero for the Wii this week.
*Side note - when kids come over for playdates, the Wii is a super popular item. And remember - kids are all about fun.
4) How about a writing goal. Another round on NOTW. I know, boring. Been there for the last couple weeks. But after this go through, I'll give it one more, then let it sit. But because writing goals are fun, I'm getting together with a couple other authors on Thursday to watch a DVD on plotting. Fun because I get to hang out with other writers and fun because it should help me improve!
5) Actually shower in my redone (or being redone) guest bathroom. The shower faucet is in. I need to caulk. Touch up paint. But it's getting there.
Have a great week, and share a goal!