"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, June 20, 2008

Almost Summer

Subtitle: Five on a Friday

Our schools have been out since May 30th, it's reached 100 degrees numerous times so far. So what makes tomorrow the first day of summer? Yep, I know - the summer solstice and all, but here in Texas, it's always summer.
And I love it!

Five for the week:

1) Getting away from the house to write is amazing. So productive. I finished a first pass through revisions of T2KOS. Here I had all these ideas for reordering some of the storyline, but when I reread, the current stuff seemed to work. So I added in my critical elements and will reorder as needed on the next pass.
I love revisions - especially given direction.

2) I have a Googleganger. Actually I have two.
So the first one, PJ Hoover, does this amazing artwork and stuff. She travels around the country redoing people's homes, workspaces, play areas and way more. And she has some amazing art. You should check her out.
She emailed me a few days ago after googling her name.

The second one, PJ Hoover, would make a nice lead when The Emerald Tablet is made into a movie.
What? You didn't know about the movie plans? Me neither, but we can dream.

So, do you have a web famous googleganger?

3) I've finishing up copy edits for The Emerald Tablet. They should be done today!

4) Love is driving ten minutes out of the way on the way to camp so your daughter can see the giant candy cane outside Lammes Candy. But I did promise, and it made her smile.

5) Ahead for the weekend/week are 30 critiques for a writing workshop I'm attending. And yay that I get 30 comments on my submission as well. It's the beginning of a sequel, so I'm curious to see if it works on its own, has too much backstory, too little backstory. You know. Basic sequel stuff we all think will be so easy and really is not.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Get out and enjoy the sun. And pray for rain here in central Texas.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I have two googlegangers, too! One is a college track athlete, the other wrote an independent film.

PJ Hoover said...

Oh, how cool, Amy! Did you see the film?

Alison said...

Thanks for your comment on my manuscript. I read yours today, too, and loved it! Very witty. I wished I had the rest of the novel!

PJ Hoover said...

:)
Thanks, Alison! I'll send it over.
Just kidding,
It's actually the beginning of a sequel (which I didn't note on it intentionally).

keri mikulski :) said...

Have fun with with the sequel.

MizFit said...

amen for the power of prayer? :)

and did it have to come as I was loading my car after a long overdue COSTCO trip?

Carla

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! I love that I'm going to get so many opinions on the beginning of a sequel. Should be super helpful!

It did, Mizfit. In fact, that was the tipping factor in what brought the rain.