"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, June 06, 2008

Five on a Friday

Yay for Friday. Charcoal is on the grill. Beer in the fridge. Kids quiet (super yay here). And we're ready for the weekend. It's been a muggy day here in Austin, with rain sprinkling on and off throughout the day.

So here's my five for the week:

1) Almost done with outlining/planning revisions for T2-KOS. My goal is to start the actual revisions of it Sunday night.

2) We saw Prince Caspian today. I've already emailed Kelly offline, but I loved the movie. I agree with everything she says in this post, but still - I'd see it again.

3) MY DAUGHTER SLEPT FOR 13 HOURS LAST NIGHT! She's 3. This is so unusual as in never happened before. We got home from swimming lessons yesterday and I was feeling all guilty for being so tired, but then I looked over and she'd zonked on the La-z-Boy chair. She asked to be carried to her room and slept all night.
My conclusion: With all the running around we did this week, I wore all of us out.

4) My family is ready for another Tortoise. We love King Tort and kind of want him to have company for the rest of his 180 year life. We already have a name picked out for his life long companion: Nefertorti.
And can I say, King Tort is already way more potty trained than my 9 year old Yorkie.

5) I finished Rick Riordan's Battle of the Labyrinth last night. Loved it. The ending all tied together nicely, and I'm already waiting for number 5.
And just for note - I'm still listening to that third in a series audiobook. When the kids are home, I don't get much audiobook time.

Happy weekend! Write hard. Play well. And blog about it!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

I have a theory about swimming lessons. Some kids react to the chlorine more than others. It knocks me out, and my daughter. Doesn't seem to effect my son AT ALL.

Re: King Tort. Make sure you don't get a Queen Tort by accident!!

PJ Hoover said...

Kelly, would that create baby scarab-hearts?
So you think it could be the chlorine? Incentive to brave the pool very often this summer!

Judy said...

I would have to agree on the chlorine theory...in combination with the exercise it provides and being in the sun for an extended period of time...assuming the pool is outside. My grandson and I went for the first time this summer, and both of us had similar reactions, which carried into the next day.

beth said...

I loved Prince Caspian! I didn't mind the introduction of the romance at all, and I thought the graphics were brilliant.

...and I'm so jealous you've read Labyrinth....I can't afford a hardback right now!

Sarah Rettger said...

King Tort is adorable, so I'm thrilled you're getting him a companion.

In the meantime, maybe you could set him up with a copy of Verlyn Klinkenborg's Timothy: Notes From an Abject Reptile.

PJ Hoover said...

Judy and Kelly, further confirmation on the theory. Swimming again today, and she fell asleep at 6:00 and is still out.

LOL, Beth. I didn't mind the introduction of the romance either. Heck, I was ready to marry Caspian and move to Narnia. Hollywood could have rewritten C. S. Lewis and I wouldn't have minded!

He is cute, isn't he Sarah! And the book is a great recommendation. My son will get a kick out of it!

RR2 said...

Heh...swimming didn't knock me out when I was younger but it did make me sneeze...
I'm glad the Battle of the Labyrinth was good- I have it on hold at the library.

PJ Hoover said...

Funny on the sneezing, RR2. Does it still do that?
Does the library have a long waiting list for Battle of the Labyrinth? Or did they get a gazillion copies?

keri mikulski :) said...

Thirteen hours! Wow.. I have to run out and sign Kaci up for some swimming lessons.. :)

PJ Hoover said...

You should, Keri! It was like magic sleeping powder.

RR2 said...

Thankfully, it doesn't anymore. :D
Oh,yes, the library has a LONG line. 100-something and they still haven't received the books yet.

PJ Hoover said...

Yikes! That's a scary long list, RR2. If you lived closer, I'd lend you mine.