"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, June 13, 2008

Five on the Thirteenth

I didn't realize until last night. It's Friday the Thirteenth.
In my mind, this means good news all around. Not unlucky as Jason (is he the right scary guy) made up think. Oh, wait, wasn't Jason from Halloween.
(Insert quick Google search)...
OK, yep Jason. Check here. Think they're getting a lot of hits today?
These movies were never my thing. But I loved The Shining. Oooh, I get a chill just thinking about it.
Must re-watch.

Here's my five. It's been a fun week.

1) Talk about quality writing time. Loved this week as far as that went. Maybe it was the knowing the kids would be in camp until at least 3:30 each day. No 2:45 pickups. The extra time made a huge mental difference. I wrote over 6000 new words on my WIP and am to page 100 on this first revision.

2) Sad for a second. My son is at Cub Scout camp this week. Last night he came home and asked up about the Iowa Tornado. He's seven, so he's just starting to really understand how sad the mommies and daddies would be.
If you get a chance, and don't mind a few tears, head over and read Kelly's poem for today.

3) Let's scoot it back for a funner note. Met with my editor this week. Had a 3 dollar cup of coffee. Talked about covers. Yes, The Emerald Tablet may get a new cover. Also got some copy edits to review. I've never seen so many little sticky notes on a book.

4) Who's headed to BookPeople tomorrow night for Shana Burg's release party? She'll be having a party at 6:00 for her debut release, A Thousand Never Evers. Wait, you don't live in Austin? Then order her book here.

5) Next on our list of movies to see? Kung Fu Panda. Let's see. We practice Kung Fu. Panda's are cute. Popcorn is yummy. And I have a $25 gift card for the movies.
And while we're on the topic of movies, any see the preview for Beverly Hills Chihuahua? If you told me about this movie, I'd think, "Uh, yeah, right." But the preview was laugh out loud hilarious. We will be going to see it.

So how was your week? Post your five on your own blog, and have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a good week, Tricia!

Kung Fu Panda was Awesome. We really liked it :)

PJ Hoover said...

Good, Kelly! I was debating between that and Indiana Jones, but I think the kids will like Kung Fu Panda better and I know my husband will want to see Indy with us. Maybe for Father's Day.

Judy said...

Hey, I actually took your advice and did Friday five for the first time...well...not really, because I wrote it before reading your blog.

They changed my cover not long before going to print, and it was a really good decision...hope yours turns out as well.

And last, my 6-year-old grandson told me Kung Fu Panda was awesome and that I should see it. So that is probably a good recommendation.

PJ Hoover said...

Hi Judy! I've seen a prelim of the cover and think it will be awesome. And Kung Fu Panda was fun. It ended up being me and four kids all who sat quietly the entire time. No popcorn even required.

beth said...

I just saw the cover revisions on the Buried Editor's page...brilliant! They look a hundred million times better, and I'm so excited for you!!!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Beth! They do look awesome! I can't wait to post a final!

Amy said...

The preview for BHC makes me roll my eyes. I'm hoping it comes to the drive-in so I can read a book while it's on, becaue if it doesn't, I'm going to get dragged to the theater with 9.

KFP is a hoot. You will all enjoy it, I think.

PJ Hoover said...

Funny, Amy. During the BHC preview I laughed my butt off. It just has that catchy rap song and the chihuahua moving his head side to side and all.
KFP rocked! We did all love it - even the three year old who watched the entire thing.
No popcorn required!

Jill Douglass said...

We'll be seeing both movies, eventually.

Kyle said...

Mrs. Hoover,
You upcoming book looks great! I was wondering if you would like me to do a review for it? i have a book review blog, bbokreviewmaniac.blogspot.com, Please email me at bookreviewmaniac@gmail.com.

Thanks and best wishes,
kyle

PJ Hoover said...

Jill, Kung Fu Panda was fun! I'm trying to get to the movies every other week. Click off my A/C at home, and I'll probably save money!

And Kyle, I'll email you offline. Thanks for dropping by!

Kyle said...

oops I miss typed my blog url, it is bookreviewmaniac.blogspot.com

kyle