"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Five on a Friday

When you're on vacation, every day feels the same. Reality hits next Wednesday, but until then, I'm living the good life.

So here's my five for this week. Hopefully it was a great week for everyone :)

1) The Emerald Tablet got a great review from Kyle over at Book Review Maniac. Not only did he come up with a perfect summary (I may hire him for synopsis writing in the future, he gives The Emerald Tablet 4-5 stars out of 5. And with rounding up, and all, well... you know.
My favorite line from the review:
"This book is destined to climb the charts when it releases in the fall."
Do you see me smiling? Thanks, Kyle!

2) OK, and since we're on the topic of reviews, Jessica over at Trainspotting Reads gave The Emerald Tablet a very nice review also.
My favorite line from the review:
"One of the better Middle Grade books I’ve read."
Thanks, Jessica!

3) While you're popping around on the internet, take a second and check out The Class of 2k8 blog this week. We've got a great series of mini-interviews going on. There's been a bookstore owner, a debut novelist, an aspiring author, and an actual real-live agent.

4) Something about this picture made me want a beer.


5) (OK, please forgive all the DC photos. This place if just rife with photo opportunities.)
Something about this picture makes me feel smarter.


Have a great weekend, and take ten minutes or so to post your five!

19 comments:

Sheri said...

Congrats on all your glorious reviews!!! That is so awesome.

keri mikulski :) said...

Great reviews! Congrats. And enjoy the rest of your trip!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks Sheri! It's really nice to see :)

Thanks, Keri. The trip's been fun and relaxing! And good reviews are good!

Christine M said...

What great reviews! Yay!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Chris! Of course, the Book Worms were my favorites!

Kyle said...

Thanks for mentioning me! I really enjoyed reading The Emerald Tablet.

bookreviewmaniac@gmail.com

Jason said...

Congrats on the good reviews! I'm really happy for you. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. :D

Amy said...

I'm loving the DC photos. Especially that last one.

Sarah Rettger said...

I climbed on that statue during my first trip to DC! (Must see if picture is available...)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for the review, Kyle! And have fun reading the Twilight books.

Thanks, Jason! It's weird actually getting reviews at all.

I loved Einstein, too, Amy, and forced my mom and kids to talk all the way there to see it. I'd seen it years ago in high school (20+ - yikes!). he's just so way cool!

Thanks for visiting!

PJ Hoover said...

i'd love to see the picture, Sarah! my son wanted to climb to his head, but I said no (mean mommy). But he had to climb everywhere else which just cracks me up. If you find the photo, please mail it to the critique group!

Sarah Rettger said...

Looks like I never got around to scanning that one. I think that's a good excuse for another round of scanning this weekend, though, so I'll send it around in a few days.

beth said...

Congrats on your book reviews! And enjoy the rest of your vacation :)

Angie Frazier said...

Ahhhh...reviews! It must make you all giddy to read the good ones! BTW, I'm liking Blogger too :-)

PJ Hoover said...

Isn't it funny how we have to scan pictures in from before the digital dawn of photography, Sarah?

Thanks, Beth! Are you all geared up for the rest of your summer? Don't you leave town again soon? Or am I totally wrong?

It is really cool to read the reviews, Angie. And bizarre that people are reviewing it :) You're 2010, right? And I'm glad you're on Blogger. Will you keep up both?

Alison said...

Congrats on the good reviews! I look forward to reading it.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Alison! I'm looking forward to it coming out :)

Vivian said...

Yay for great reviews! Thanks for sharing the pictures of DC. I miss it!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Vivian! The pictures make me miss DC, and I'm still here for another four days :)